Grandstream, connecting the world since 2002 with award-winning unified communication solutions, today announced the newest addition to the GWN Series of Networking Solutions. The GWN7664 is a high-performance 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 access point that offers powerful features including dual-band 4x4:4 MU-MIMO with DL/UL OFDMA technology, support for 512 concurrent clients and 3.55Gbps aggregate wireless throughput. By also providing advanced QoS, mesh networks, captive portals and an integrated 2.5G network port, the GWN7664 is the ideal Wi-Fi AP for wireless deployments with medium-to-high user density.
The GWN7664 offers a variety of flexible installation and management options. It is supported by GWN.Cloud and GWN Manager, Grandstream’s cloud and on-premise Wi-Fi management platform that and makes managing your network, or several networks across multiple locations, easier than ever before. The GWN7664 also uses a controller-less network management architecture in which the controller is embedded within the product’s web user interface for easy administration of locally deployed Wi-Fi APs. It provides dual-band 4x4:4 MU-MIMO with DL/UL OFDMA technology and a sophisticated internal antenna design to provide stronger anti-interference, more stable connections, maximum network throughput and expanded Wi-Fi coverage range. By supporting a suite of high-end networking features, the GWN7664 is ideal for small-to-medium sized businesses, multiple floor buildings, residential settings, and commercial locations.
Notable features of this device include:
- Supports the 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 standard and is certified by the Wi-Fi Alliance®
- 3.55Gbps aggregate wireless throughput with 1x 2.5G network port and 1x 1G network port
- Dual-band 4x4:4 MUMIMO with DL/UL OFDMA technology
- Up to 175-meter coverage range
- Supports 512 concurrent Wi-Fi client devices
- Advanced QoS to ensure real-time performance of low-latency applications
- Anti-hacking secure boot and critical data/control lockdown via digital signatures, unique security certificate/random default password per device
- Self-power adaptation upon auto detection of PoE or PoE+
- Three free management options: the embedded controller can manage up to 50 local GWN series APs; GWN.Cloud offers unlimited AP management; GWN Manager offers premise-based software controller